For western men dating a Thai lady, some things are easy to figure out and some are not. Particularly if the guy isn’t too familiar with Thai culture, dating a Thai lady can be an exercise in frustration.
Just follow these simple dos and don’t when dating a Thai lady and life will be a lot easier. Promise!
Dos When Dating a Thai Girl
1. Do always be polite to her. Thai girls are used to Thai men who are usually exceptionally polite. Getting used to a western guy can sometimes be difficult, particularly if he’s not as polite as the Thai guys she’s used to. In Thailand, being polite is more important than just about anything, and will get you a long way if you want a Thai girl to like you.
2. Do pay for things. It’s not just that you’re a westerner and she’s in it for the money (which is what some western guys think, and it’s not true). It’s simply that, in Thai culture when a couple is dating the Thai guy will usually pay for everything, so the Thai lady will expect you to do the same.
Thailand is a cheap country so don’t be “kee nee-ow’ (cheap!). Take her out for a nice meal, go to the movies or buy her a gift.
Nothing you pay for will break the bank, and she’ll be euphoric.
3. Do be nice to her family. If you’re lucky enough to meet a Thai lady’s family, it means she likes and trusts you. When you do meet her family, be nice to them. Thai girls love their families and will put them above everything – jobs, boyfriends, even marriage. But, if you’re nice to her family, she’ll love you even more.
4. Do Be Polite in Public. I’ve seen several western men with their Thai girlfriends shouting at shopkeepers, being rude to waitresses, or complaining loudly about something stupid.
There’s nothing more embarrassing to a Thai girl than being with someone who’s rude in public.
Keep your temper and stay calm. Thais believe the person who loses their temper ‘loses face’, and in turn is the ultimate loser.
Those who keep their temper and aren’t rude are respected in Thailand, those who do are looked at as low-class, and your Thai girlfriend will think the same too.
5. Do Dress Well. What you wear and how you look in Thailand is often more important than who you are.
Show up well dressed and well-groomed, and your Thai girlfriend will be proud to be with you.
Sweat-stained shirts, too-short shorts, and an unkempt appearance will make her run for the hills. Fast!
Don’t When Dating a Thai Girl
1. Don’t Pressure Her For Sex. No matter what many western men think, the normal, average ‘good Thai girl’ does not have sex with a guy on the first date. Many, in fact, don’t even have sex until they get married (according to several polls, more than 60% of Thai women are virgins when they get married).
Pressuring your Thai girlfriend for sex, if she’s a good Thai girl, is the fastest way to get her to dump you.
You look sleazy, and she thinks she can do better.
And honestly, she’s probably right.
2. Don’t Make Her Choose You Over Her Family – Trying to make a Thai girl choose you over her family will backfire every time. Thai women love their families and, if push comes to shove, they’ll choose them over something or someone else just about every time. If you make her choose, she will. But….it won’t be you she’ll choose. Honest.
3. Don’t Mention Money – Thai girls think it’s low-class when a man talks about money. If a western guy is constantly bragging about how much money he has and how much he makes, she might seem attracted but, deep down, she’s thinking “What a loser.” Show you have enough money to take care of her by being generous. Just don’t talk about it.
4. Don’t Smell – If I had a baht for every Thai lady who’s told me Western men smell, I’d be a rich girl. Thailand is an extremely hot country and Thais shower three times a day (at least).
Some western men think showering every couple of days, and wearing the same clothes, is possible here. It’s not. A shower every day in Thailand is mandatory and two or three is even better.
Your Thai girlfriend will be supremely clean. All the time. She expects the same from you.
Thai girls don’t like people who smell, and few of them will date a guy for long who does.
A bit of water won’t kill you. Use some. Please.
5. Don’t Complain About Thailand – Thais are quite touchy about their country and even a small or silly complaint can make them dislike you. When first dating a Thai girl, don’t bitch and moan about Thailand.
Thai girls are well aware their country has problems (just like every country does). There’s no need to rub it in.
When you do, she’ll likely break up with you and on the way out, say “Why don’t you just go home.”
Can’t blame her. I would too.
These five simple dos and five simple don’ts will make a beginning relationship with a Thai girl so much easier.
Thais are some of the most relaxed and accepting people in the world so dating a Thai girl can be a lot easier than dating a western one. Just follow these 10 dos and don’ts and dating your Thai girlfriend will be a breeze.
How to Date Thai Women
Thai women are exotic and fascinating. It isn’t hard to fall in love when you meet one.
When you are planning a holiday, I have the right and easy solution for you to date a local woman.
There are thousands of Thai girls looking to meet you, learn about your culture and fall in love with you. You look exotic to them as much they look exotic to you.
In recent years, thanks to the explosion of social media platforms and the internet as a whole, the once closed-minded Thai society started to open the eyes to a new world. Thai women are attracted to the white-skinned western men, looking for romance and love.
How to Meet Local Women in Thailand
After years of hunting Thai women, I realized there are few places that offer a higher chance to get quality Thai women.
To Go Places To Meet Quality Women
- Thai Dating Sites. The popularity of dating sites is taking Thailand by storm because is easy, less stressful for Thai ladies to interact in English and obviously less awkward.I have recommended a few Thai dating sites and gone into some detail about what you can get out of them in regards to meeting Thai women.
- Malls. One thing will amaze you about Thailand is the number of malls and the number of cute girls.The malls are the go place to meet university and office girls, especially the young one any time of the week.You can pick up girls during their shopping, asking the usual tourist questions; “where is the best coffee shop?” by follow “Join me for the coffee.”
It is simple like that. Most girls if not busy or have other commitments, would not mind having a coffee with an exotic man.
Shops tend to hire cute girls that can speak some English, perfect for hunting down some cuties and offer an after work drink together.
So yes the malls are a great place if you want to go and meet Thai girls while doing some shopping.
- Festivals. many festivals and events in Thailand which are perfect ground in meeting Thai girls.My favorite is Songkran (Water Festival and New Year for Thais), where locals get crazy and want to have a lot of fun.This time of the year is fantastic, you will have the possibility to meet and “play” with so many local girls. Be careful, it get wet.
- Near by University. My favorite restaurants to have lunch are located near the numerous universities in Bangkok. These places are packed with cute school girls, easily approachable especially the ones are looking to improve their English skills.
To NOT Go Places To Meet Quality Women
- Nightclubs. Many women in clubs but not quality or good girls. You will meet mostly hookers and freelancers in clubs that are looking for some easy money.
- Bars and Ago-go Clubs. The last place in Thailand where you can meet good girls. But hey, you might get lucky.